Friday, October 17, 2008

The Roof

 I love the roof.  It is a large space on top of the apartments.  People hang their laundry on ropes tied around water towers made of concrete.  The roof is much larger than it appears in the picture, the water towers you see father away are also part of the roof.  My sister my mom and I, go up there for the breeze during the daily power outage at 3:00, lasting until about 4:30.  It is so hot inside, that we need to go up to the roof to escape the heat. Sometimes, the power goes out a lot earlier, like today-- 11:00.  During the power outage, we can't even get the Internet.  The roof is really big, and it is very high up, so it escapes most of the heat.  Of course, you have to wear shoes on the roof or else your feet will burn.  I find that in India, it is better to test any metal that has been in the sun for a long time before touching it.  It is the same for the floor of the roof.  The roof is really fun and I go there whenever I can.

Isabel 

10/17/08

No comments: